Welcome to the new year!
For those that follow me on Facebook, you may be familiar with my weekly meetings, Though I've kind of slacked on them over the past couple of months, I do try to post a meeting on Mondays, to give you a breakdown of what's happening in the studio for the week.
* I had made the decision at the end of last year to move my meetings to my blog, that way they would be available for others that may not use FB or any other social media platforms. I also wanted another outlet to post my updates, in case we experience another blackout like we did several months ago on both FB and Instagram.
* I also plan on being more consistent with sending out a monthly newsletter, as another way to keep in touch with my fans. Make sure you're on my mailing list if you'd like to keep in contact. The signup form is at the bottom of the home page.
* After having an account for over 5 years, I am finally going to have an active Patreon. I've tried starting it over the past couple years, but have been having a hard time coming up with the tiers and what rewards to offer. I figured that I would at least get started with a couple of basic tiers, and add a couple larger tiers as we go along, that will eventually include monthly sculptures and giveaways.
* I will be opening commissions on January 24th. I do have a couple that I am finishing this week, and a few others already on my waiting list. I will be reaching out to the ones on the list first, before opening new spots. I will make an announcement when those are available.
* I will be participating in The Technicolor Auction House Valentine's auction on Instagram on January 28-31. I will also be having my first shop update of the year on January 31. It will be an anti-valentines theme, for those that aren't into the gushy love type dragons. More information is available on my calendar page.
* I am in the process of changing directions with my dragons. It is something I've been drawn to doing for the past couple of years, but just haven't pursued fully just yet. I still plan to keep my Wicked Winglings® that I am offering now, but not sure as to what capacity, as I start to add this new line of dragons. I will have to see how things fall into place over the next few weeks.
* Speaking of new directions, I am expanding!! I made a deposit just before Christmas on a 14x36' shed. One third of it will be turned into my new sculpting studio. The other two thirds will be a new workshop where my husband will be able to help me build our side business. We plan to start making molds for resin castings of my sculptures. We have also been looking at several types of 3D printers the past few months, both filament and resin type. And we just received our first laser engraver. I am so excited to start experimenting with that baby!
That's going to be it for this week's meeting. I hope you all are as excited about the upcoming happenings as I am. I can't wait to share more with you as it's available! Until then, I hope you have a wonderful week. Cheers my friends!!