Wow, it's hard to believe that it is already the last day of January! I still haven't taken the month off from sculpting that I had planned to take after the holidays. I'll try to sneak the break in at some point.
Let's get this week's meeting started....
* The Anti-Valentine's dragons will be available in the shop tonight! The new listings go live at 6pm Est. Everyone has been so excited for each little Wingling that I have revealed. Check out my social media page and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok if you aren't already, so you don't miss out on more reveals.
* I am participating in two Facebook events this week for Handmade Haven and The Geekorium Handcrafted Emporium. You can find more information about each group's event on my calendar page.
* I will be announcing a potential change in directions with my dragons a little later this week. I've teased about this change in the last couple of meetings. This is something I've wanted to do since 2015. I started planning to make this change towards the end of 2020, but have only now felt drawn to move forward with it. Check back later this week to learn more.
* I haven't talked about it much, but clay is still difficult to find. Especially the Premo brand that I use most. Due to limited supply and large demand, the prices of what clay that can be found is increasing. Which unfortunately means that I must factor that cost increase into my pricing.
* On another note, I have been wanting to start blending my own colors of clay to use for my sculptures, instead of using the premade colors straight from the packaging. I feel that this will lend itself to making each of my Winglings even more unique than before. I've been reviewing mixing charts for clay, and have started to experiment with what colors I have available to find the perfect mixtures.
* I am also looking into using just the beige and grey Super Sculpey and Cosclay, which seem to be more readily available at the moment, and painting the dragons instead. I am also experimenting with making my own air dry clay, that I will also need to paint. Hopefully sneak peeks will be coming as soon as my new studio arrives (mentioned in a previous meeting post).
Okay, that is it for this week's post. I am sure I will remember things I wanted to mention after I've posted this. That's just how I roll, lol! I hope you all have a great week. and as always, thank you so much for your support!